Please read the information below carefully:
Our contact details are set out at section  below.
If a candidate is successful in their application, and starts working for Prolegis as a Director, Partner or member of staff, their personal information will be processed in line with the firm’s Partner and Staff Privacy Notice which is made available on the firm’s intranet.
- Use of your information
Prolegis may use personal information collected through this recruitment website for purposes related to recruitment activities, including but not limited to:
- consider job applications;
- consider you for other positions at Prolegis or at Herbert Smith Freehills;
- check if you have applied to us before and review details of any such application;
- send you candidate experience surveys;
- create and manage talent pools for future roles;
- carry out screening checks and vetting which can include reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability, social media and criminal record checks;
- diversity and equal employment opportunities research and monitoring;
- health and safety purposes;
- complying with legal and regulatory requirements and obligations to third parties, including reporting requirements;
- to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates; and
- for future research, monitoring and statistical collection
- Prolegis may also use your data to conduct any compliance activities which may be required under applicable law as an employer (eg analysis in respect of pay equity).
We may use your personal information if:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; or
- necessary in connection with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- you have provided your consent (where necessary) to such use, or a third party (eg a recruitment agency) has obtained your consent (where necessary); or
- we (or a third-party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms; or
- we are otherwise required or authorised by law.
Your application will constitute your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out both recruitment analytics and any monitoring activities which may be required of us under applicable law as an employer.
Your information will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out above and in line with the firm’s retention policies. For more details, please contact HR or Recruitment. In the event that your application is successful and you are employed by the firm, the data you have provided during the recruitment process may be transferred to your employee profile, and we will hold your personal data and process it in accordance with Prolegis’ Partner and Staff Privacy Notice (available on the firm’s Global Practice Handbook).
- Disclosure and sharing of your information
We may disclose your personal information (including diversity and equal opportunities data which is optional to provide) to third parties including but not limited to:
- academic institutions
- screening check providers
- health service providers,
- professional and trade associations,
- law enforcement agencies,
- recruitment analytics
- diversity and inclusion research and monitoring providers
- your current and previous employers andHerbert Smith Freehills LLP (with whom we have an alliance) and other Herbert Smith Freehills entities
We may also collect your personal information from these parties in some circumstances. Without your personal information we may not be able to progress considering you for positions with us.
Please be aware that your personal information may be accessed by, or disclosed to, third parties and by Herbert Smith Freehills offices (see details of Herbert Smith Freehills offices in section  below) from countries whose laws provide various levels of protection for personal information which are not always equivalent to the level of protection that may be provided in your own country. Where we transfer your information internationally we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards.
Some of your personal information may be stored with, and managed by, a cloud service provider located in a country other than Singapore.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely and to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Our information security policy is supported by a number of security standards, processes and procedures and we store information in access-controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All partners and staff and third-party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
- Your rights
Please note that if, at any stage, you would like to change or remove the information in your Workday Candidate Home account you can manage your profile online and remove any data you have uploaded by clicking ‘Edit your profile’ and clicking on the ‘Delete profile’ button located at both the top and bottom of the page. Note that deleting your Workday candidate profile does not delete a previously submitted application to Prolegis.
The privacy laws of some jurisdictions may give you the right to access, amend or erase your personal information or, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please contact us as set out below.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the rights to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time by following the steps set out above.
- Status of this Policy
- Contact and further information
To find out more about Herbert Smith Freehills entities, please visit www.herbertsmithfreehills.com/where-we-work.
50 Raffles Place, #24-01,
Singapore Land Tower,
Tel: +65 6812 1350
Attention: Ban leong Oo
You may also have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
If you make a privacy complaint, we will respond to let you know how your complaint will be handled. We may ask you for further details, consult with other parties and keep records regarding your complaint.